Blog Archive

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Day Ten: Exploring San Sebastian

Woke somewhat early. Well 4:00 AM is early. Not on purpose but just woke up. So why not see what the score of the Yankee's game is. Mistake. Now I can't go back to sleep till the end. 7-2 Yankees beat Oakland. Now on to Boston.

Woke up for real at 9:00 AM and Linda and I went for a walls along the beach. Sand beach. One of the few I have seen in Europe. Most I have seen are stones and pebbles. Surprisingly there were quite a few swimmers this late in the season.  And also lots of dogs running around. What a beautiful morning. Pictures don't do it justice but I am posting them anyway.


 Part of the beach in the morning.
 A 19th century pavilion where we will have drinks later on.
 One of the brave swimmers.
The local Library. Really

So we go back to the apartment and pick up Mary Ann for breakfast. Quick coffee and then to the local market. I had a long sleeve shirt on from the early morning chill. As the morning warmed, I took it off and first tied it around my waist. Remembering that I am in Europe, I tied it over my shoulders instead. It took about two minutes for someone to stop me and ask me for directions, only to disappoint him with my less than poor "Sorry I don't speak Spanish"

We find the Market and these are one of the many things I love about Europe. Fresh Fish. Fresh Meat. Fresh Everything.

 One of the many fish mongers.
 Butcher shop. Both fresh and dried.
Shop devoted to Bacalao. Jilly would love it.

And then we found the perfect breakfast.

I had some Duck and Mary Ann mushrooms.

Then off to see some churches.


They played some very nice music here.



Jesus with Bamboo. My favorite.

Outside they had a sculpture exhibit by a famous local artist. Here are two of his best works.



You chose which one is his best work.

Back to the apartment for awhile and then to lunch. Linda took us to a place she had eaten at last year. OMG OMG. Best food so far. Beef checks to die for and Foie Gras to die for. It was so good I didn't get a picture, but the British couple next to us ordered it so I have a picture of theirs.We will be back for more tomorrow.

 The happy couple.

A half portion of Foie Gras. Does not do it justice. Will try for a better picture tomorrow.

I went to the market to pick up supplies while everyone else rested. We had had such a great lunch, the only thing we needed for Supper was ice cream which was just below our apartment. Listening to our favorite songs on spotify makes for a very great evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment