Blog Archive

Monday, October 8, 2018

Day Fourteen: Duck! It's time to do laundry

We started the day sleeping in. Well I can only attest for myself since I was the last one up. Quick shower and down to Croissants and coffee. I am sure you all know that there are two kinds of Croissants. The curved and the straight. Curved are know as "Ordinare" because they are made with Butter and grease like Crisco. The straight ones are made only with butter and of course the kind the French like. Today we had Croisant Buere (straight). Think about that the next time you have a McDonald's Croisandwich.

Then off to a Foie Gras farm to see the ducks and how they can make such a wonderful delight. No details other than pictures. You either like it or you don't.


 Freshly pulled
It was difficult not to just take one.

How to take the liver out of a duck.

The secret, I found out, was having all your ducks in a row.



So then on to one of the prettest villages in France according to the French. It just also happens to be the home of Jacques Perno, local artist, museum director, collector of Indonesian art and someone who taught with Bob Kowalczyk in Japan for some years. Bob wanted me to look him up. After driving One and a half hours we were not disappointed. It truly is a beautiful village.
 Curemount from above.
 The restaurant where we ate.
 A village house
 Village street
 More Beautiful attractions of the village
A village shop.

We ate overlooking the valley.


Then we went to look for my artist friend. Everyone knew him (small village) but they also knew he was out of town in Japan. Maybe that was for the best, since Mary Ann and Linda needed to get back to the apartment and wash clothes. I was not invited. LOL.

Here is a video of a drive through one of the towns on our way back from Curemount. Credit goes to my assistant Linda for holding the phone while I drove.

Now I know everyone is not excited by these, but I like them.

Last night in Sarlat. Linda buys a great Walnut pie and we eat a little food. Still stuffed from the lunch. A walk home and on to Paris tomorrow. Who knows who we will run into there.

 Building in Liberty Square
 Having drinks in the square
 Saint Marie fountain. Not sure what the romans called it.
Liberty square at night. (but then you knew it wasn't noon time)

Tomorrow from Paris.


No comments:

Post a Comment