Thursday, June 25, 2015

Travel day going nowhere. June 25th

We said goodbye to the Mansels today. I helped them get to the airport via the metro and train. They took our extra suitcase home so we wouldn't have so much to carry. I got back to the apartment around noon so Mary Ann and I went out for a light lunch. Just around the corner and nice sandwiches . Two beers later it was time to leave but not before visiting the cheese and ham shop next door to where we ate. These stores are my weakness. Plus they had a dried sausage somewhere between launyeger and beef jerkey and spicy. Will get some more tomorrow for the trip north.
We rest and catch up and Mary Ann gets her hair cut.
About 4:00 pm we head to the Pantheon which we have seen several times but never been in.  It is OK for a building with a hole in the roof. Most photographed hole in the world aside from Linda Lov.....you get the picture. A nice octopus meal Sicilian style, the metro back home and to bed
Two things to mention. I went back to Tuesdays restaurant where I had left my hat and they had it. Hoorah. Many days ago I packed the coffee in my backpack and the grounds came out. My backpack and Renai's suitcase still smell of coffee. Not bad but strange. Tomorrow I drive to Udine or there abouts.

 Dinner near the Pantheon.


 Octopus Sicilian style.

Steve Martin next to our table.


No comments:

Post a Comment