Thursday, July 2, 2015

Last Day in Prague. July 2nd

Slow start to today as I am still recovering and Mary Ann is under the weather. Off to Starbucks to post my Blog and then bring back sandwiches for lunch. We head out to the National Museum to see what it has. After several Metro transfers we find it, buy our tickets and go to see the exhibits. Wrong. This is more like a natural History Museum for children. We exit quickly and are shown where the Prague History Museum is. More our style. We find it and it Is what we were looking for. The history of Prague and its inhabitants from stone age to present. One really cool exhibit is a model of Prague in the 1800's on a 1:480 scale. It is made of cardboard and wood and took the librarian Langweil (1791-1837)  11years to create. It takes up 20 sq meters. In 2009 they digitized the entire model and made a 3D movie of it which we saw before we left. 
Next up was my climb Of the old clock tower we had seen on our first day. Mary Ann would sit and wait forme in a cafe. Renai where are you now?  I buy my ticket and go to the entrance and see elevators. Maybe they go to the base. 100 steps later I am at the base and there is another elevator. Not for me. But instead of stairs going up, it is ramps going up. Really a piece of cake after the other climbs. View from the top was great and though pictures can't portray the view I will post them anyway. 

Do you see the restaurant on top?

I am back down and have a glass of wine with Mary Ann. Had hoped to eat at one of the places roasting a whole pig on a spit, but couldnt find it again so we ate on the way to the Tram home at a sidewalk cafe. I had pigs knuckle which was great. When we sat down there were   pretzels  hanging on every table. Not till I had had my beer and two pretzels did I find out they are not free with the beer. Oh well. 
Back home to the apartment to pack. We leave for Munich tomorrow. 
One puzzling thing about Prague. Everytime I was at a restaurant and call for the check, people would turn towards me and raise their hand. Quite strange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment